Meet the Bloggers

At my favorite waterfall, Union Falls in Yellowstone.

Cece Wildeman: I am a junior at CSU majoring in journalism. I fell in love with the outdoors when I worked in Yellowstone in the summer of 2007. After hiking more than a hundred miles that summer, I vowed to go back every summer to explore the thousands of miles of trails. I love hiking, backpacking, camping, swimming in rivers, paddling,and rock climbing. I think Wyoming stars and national parks are the best things out there and I have a life goal of visiting all of the U.S. National Parks. In the future, I want to climb Colorado’s 14ers and hike the Colorado Trail all at once.

I am excited to hear about your feats and adventures and can’t wait to share my explorations with you!

Matt Minich

Playing around on Wall Street in Moab, Utah

Matt Minich: As a senior journalism major, I’ve had plenty of time to explore the Northern Colorado area. In the last four years, (almost five, really) I’ve backpacked the entire Colorado Trail, rock climbed all over Northern Colorado and the Front Range, worked as a wilderness instructor in New Mexico and Virginia, and graduated the NOLS semester in Patagonia.

With this blog, I hope to learn more about the people and places of the Colorado mountains while sharing what little knowledge I have with all of you.