Author: Christian Zamora

[youtube]http://youtu.be/jyRRrQD5rfI[/youtube]

The 55th annual Grammy Awards aired Sunday night on CBS, and boy, was the three hour telecast jam-packed with stunning celebrities, performances and photobombs! More importanly, the telecast revealed the artists whose hard work payed off in the form of a shiny, gold gramophone and the artists who need to work a little harder to bring home one of those coveted trophies next year.

One of the top stunners of the night was the Bajan beauty (dating the beast) Rihanna. She glowed from the moment she stepped onto the red carpet, debuting her red Alaia gown. The “Diamonds” singer may not have taken home any trophies from the night, but between her immense beauty and that unforgettable tribute to Bob Marely she took part of, RiRi still walked away as a winner.

Another pop starlet who lit up the stage was America’s first “Idol,” Kelly Clarkson. The talented singer nailed those high notes while performing her breath-taking tribute to singing legends Patty Page and Carole King. Clarkson then went on to make laughs on stage after accpeting her Grammy for “Best Pop Vocal Album” for her record “Stronger.” The “Since U Been Gone” singer also walked away with the greatest picture of the night, unintentionally, after she photobomed Ellen Degeneres and her wife Portia de Rossi.

Mumford & Son’s was the top winner of the night after scoring a Grammy for “Album of the Year.” The British folk band accepted the award from fellow Brit Adele, who took the same award home last year.

It wasn’t all about Mumford & Son’s though. Frank Ocean may not have taken home the award for “Album of the Year,” but that didn’t stop the singer from making waves. Ocean took home a Grammy for “Best Urban Contemporary Album” thanks to his critically acclaimed freshman effort “Channel Orange.”

But when there’s winners, there must be losers.

A couple fashion losers of the night were Katy Perry and Adele. Katy Perrmaid attended the show in a mint green Gucci gown complete with a boob window to give Ellen something to stare at. Adele may have won a Grammy with her live rendition of “Set Fire To The Rain,” but her outfit was a not a winning choice. The Valentio floral print dress reminded us of a certain drag nanny and didn’t seem to suit the new queen of music.

Carly Rae Jepsen however may have been the biggest loser of Grammy night. Despite achieving massive radio and chart success with her debut single “Call Me Maybe,” Jepsen failed to walk away with any trophies to validate her hugely successful past year. Hopefully someone called her to help the blow of the loss.

Make sure to watch Ram Entertainment every Wednesday night here on CTV for the latest celebrity news.

Enhanced by Zemanta