Author: Ryan Greene

After a disappointing road loss to #15 New Mexico last Wednesday, the Rams were able to travel to Fresno State and win decisively.

The game was a team effort, with all five of their starters scoring in double digits. Dorian Green led the scoring with 17 points. Colton Iverson had a relatively quiet game, but still managed to have a double-double, with 11 points and 13 rebounds.

It had been nearly two months since CSU won a game on the road. Despite having won their last 24 games in a row at Moby (4th best current home winning streak in the nation), the Rams were only 2-4 in road games this season before heading to Fresno.

But not winning on the road hasn’t meant they have not been competitive in these games. On January 12th, the Rams took the 16th ranked San Diego State Aztecs into overtime before losing. When the Rams travelled to play #15 UNM last week, the Rams only lost by 5, despite having possibly their worst shooting in any game this season. The Rams only made a little more than half of their free throws, while shooting only 37% from the field.

Against Fresno however, the Rams made 85% of their free throws. Colton Iverson missed the majority of those free throws; the four other starters only missed one free throw the entire game.

The Rams also shot 44% from the field, numbers that the Rams are more familiar with this season.

The next game for the Rams should be a much tougher test than the last place Fresno State Bulldogs. The Boise State Broncos come into Moby on Wednesday, with a 14-5 record. However, the Rams maybe catching the Broncos in the middle of a slump; the Broncos have won only one of their last four games. If the Rams play like they normally do at Moby, they should not have much trouble with the Broncos.

Be sure to cheer on your Rams on Wednesday at Moby at 7PM.

Enhanced by Zemanta