Author: Logan Martinez

Studio Be Salon. Photo by Logan Martinez.

Close your eyes, lean back and begin the process of becoming a new you. At Studio Be Salon, a haircut and color is more than just a change in look; it is a change in confidence.

“We know that a big part of how a person feels about themselves is what they look like to other people,” said Jessica Calabrese, call center manager at Studio Be Salon. “We love to make that a priority and we love to make that something that they feel good about when they walk out of here. When they leave they can be confident and happy and successful.”

The 2,200-square-foot salon is a Paul Mitchell Focus Salon specializing in dimensional color and cutting. They ensure their customers are comfortable as soon as they walk in the door by greeting them with a smile and a complimentary beverage.

“The experience that we give to our guests that come in is why we are so great,” Calabrese explained. “The atmosphere is like family here and we like to extend that to our guests, so they feel comfortable and like it.”

Opened six years ago by Ian and Beth Weber, the salon is located in the heart of Old Town at 15 Old Town Square. The salon gets its reputation from the experienced stylists on staff, all having began with a six month internship with Studio Be, before becoming a full-time stylist.

“They just seem more confident in what they are doing and I feel like they listen to you more about what you want instead of putting a different idea on your head,” said Andrea Carlson, a sophomore studying pre-med at Colorado State University.

As a Paul Mitchell salon, Studio Be also helps their customers to choose the right product for their hair, knowing what each product will do to their hair, with prices that are affordable for every customer that walks in the door.

The salon plans to expand their business by opening a new location on South Harmony Road soon.