Author: Jillian Sheehan
With all of the coffee choices on campus, how do you know which is the best for you? I took it upon myself to gather information about the coffee selection, hours of operation, and forms of payment from four different coffee locations on campus.
Hours of Operation:
Morgan’s Grind (located in the library)
- Monday-Thursday 7:30a.m. to 10p.m.,
- Friday 7:30a.m. to 2p.m.,
- Sunday 1p.m. to 10p.m.
Sweet Sinsations (LSC)
- Monday-Friday 7a.m. to 5p.m.,
- Â Saturday 10a.m. to 4p.m.,
- Sunday11:30a.m. to 4p.m.
Sweet Temptations (Behavioral Science)
- Monday-Thursday 7a.m. to 6p.m.
- Friday 7a.m. to 2p.m.
Cam’s Lobby Shop(CSU Transit Center LSC)
- Monday-Friday 7a.m. to 9p.m.,
- Saturday 10a.m. to 3p.m.,
- Sunday 11a.m. to 3p.m.
Prices for a small regular coffee:
- Morgan’s Grind: $1.17
- Sweet Sinsations: $1.10
- Sweet Temptations: $1.10
- Cam’s Lobby Shop: $1.49
Prices for a small specialty drink:
- Morgan’s Grind: $2.59
- Sweet Sinsations: $3.25
- Sweet Temptations: $3.25
- Cam’s Lobby Shop: $1.49, refills are $1.09
Forms of payment accepted:
- Morgan’s Grind: cash, RamCash, card
- Sweet Sinsations: cash or RamCash
- Sweet Temptations:Â cash, RamCash, check
- Cam’s Lobby Shop: cash, RamCash, card
Even though Cam’s Lobby Shop has the most expensive regular cup of coffee, the store allows you to make your own “specialty drink” with their selection of syrups and cappuccinos, which do not cost more. In a survey of CSU students, 50 percent are most likely to go to Morgan’s Grind, 23 percent go to Sweet Sinsations, 14 percent prefer Sweet Temptations, no one answered Cam’s Lobby Shop, 5 percent answered “other,” and 9 percent said they did not drink coffee.