Author: Sean Korbitz

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=146fatJEjP8[/youtube]

Vice Presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) stopped short of coming to CSU on Wednesday, and held a rally at Walker Manufacturing in Fort Collins.
With a crowd of almost 2,500 supporters on hand, the Wisconsin congressman harped on the Obama administration for its handling of the economy, health care, and the national debt.
Ryan answered supporters’ questions during the town hall portion of the rally, vowing to repeal the Affordable Care Act as an answer to the country’s health care debate.
The Republican VP candidate also touted the need to repeal most, if not all, of the executive orders President Obama’s has put in place since he took office in 2009.
CSU’s own Rachel Drechsler, Treasurer of the CSU Republicans, had the opportunity to speak before Ryan took the stage. She spoke about women’s rights, the economy, and the struggle that college graduates face in the current job market.
CTV spoke exclusively with one worker at the Walker Manufacturing plant who said that the near-all-day rally delayed the production of nearly 50 lawn mowers, valued at $10,000 each. Which puts a minimum price tag on the rally for the Walker Company at half a million dollars, for now. Although employees were given the option to not attend the rally, over 30 were stationed in the risers behind Congressman Ryan.
Poll numbers in Colorado have Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan now trailing President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. With only 42 days until this year’s election, every rally will matter if the Romney camp hopes to turn recent poll figures in their favor.

Enhanced by Zemanta