Author: Allison LeCain
Fort Collins is known for its festivals, such as New West Fest and Tour de Fat. These festivals let the community celebrate the culture of our
town, which has a major focus on music, bikes and beer.
FORToberfest combines all those great things about the The Fort into an awesome weekend of festivities, and itâ€™s happening now for the first time, Sept. 21 and 22.
Admission is free and the idea is to bike downtown dressed in costume (similar to Tour de Fat), listen to some of the city’s greatest local bands and enjoy the city’s greatest local beers.
Sounds like a good weekend right? With bands such as You Me and Apollo, Sour Boy Bitter Girl, and Widowâ€™s Bane, you canâ€™t go wrong.
In order to make your festival experience extra special, here are five tips:
- Plan for a group costume idea, such as The Avengers or the Spice Girls
- Donâ€™t forget to bring the essential items, such as a bike lock, your ID, and plenty of cash
- Take a water bottle with lots of ice in it; you donâ€™t want to get dehydrated when riding a bike because youâ€™re only drinking beer
- Check your bike to see if anything needs fixing so you can take advantage of the bike tune-ups being offered downtown
- Print out the music schedule by going to http://downtownfortcollins.com/dba.php/fortoberfest/