The idea of taking a Jell-O shot often brings about images of unattractively slurping red and orange concoctions out of a mini paper cup. However, those unsightly suctions are now a thing of the past with these classy remakes of your typical Jell-O shots.
Wow party guests with this upscale shooter from the Jelly Shot Test Kitchen and then go online to find dozens of other classy recipes for any occasion. These shots are still just as easy to make, only now they require the slight lift of a pinky finger.
*Recipe courtesy of Jelly Shot Test Kitchen
Fire Breathing Dragon
The recipe below uses a standard non-reactive glass or metal loaf pan (about 4″ x 8â€)
- 2/3 cup mango vodka
- 1/8 inch thick slice of fresh jalapeno pepper (with seeds)
- 2/3 cup mango juice blend
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 2/3 cup peach vodka
- In a small bowl, mix the jalapeno with vodka.Â Set to the side
- Pour mango juice into a saucepan and sprinkle in gelatin
- Allow gelatin to soak for a minute or two
- Stir mixture constantly while on low heat, until the gelatin dissolves (about 5 minutes)
- Remove from heat
- Strain vodka thoroughly to remove any jalapeno seeds and add to gelatin mixture.
- Pour gelatin mixture into a small loaf pan or molds
- Refrigerate until fully set (several hours or overnight)
- To serve, cut into desired shapes (or unmold)