Author: Chelsea DunfeeBy Chelsea Dunfee
No matter the crazy Colorado weather, these delicious PiÃ±a Colada cupcakes will have you dreaming of summer. This super easy, low-fat, moist and delicious treat doesnâ€™t even require eggs, butter, or oil! With the preparation time being around 10 minutes, you will quickly feel the summer breeze tickling your hair.
PiÃ±a Colada Cupcakes
- 18.25 ounce box yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice (do not drain)
Combine both ingredients in large bowl.
Mix on medium speed with electric mixer.
Pour into lined cupcake tins about 2/3 full.
Bake in accordance with cake mix directions or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Set aside to cool.
Pineapple Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounce Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice, completely drained of any liquid.
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
Combine cream cheese, crushed pineapple, sugar and coconut flakes in a medium bowl and mix with a hand mixer until combined well.
Spread on cooled cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to eat.