Authors: Logan Martinez

Everyone has a sweet tooth, right? Especially around those stressful times of the year when papers are piling on top of each other and exams seem like they are every other day by now.

It is also that time of year when funds are short and maybe one can only afford the cake mix or the frosting, but not both. Well, there has to be something in the cupboard that can suffice as a topping to the delectable treat that is patiently sitting in the basket waiting to be taken home and mixed up and baked.

Well, there are items in the cabinet that can create the perfect topping to whatever treat that is going in the oven: cream cheese frosting.

This is a simple cream cheese frosting recipe that not only is cheap, easy and can be made from items in the cabinet, it is also healthier to top any treat with because it lacks th extensive preservatives store-bought frostings host.

Ingredients:

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 ounces butter or margarine, softened
1 cup powdered sugar

1. First put the butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl and soften them in the microwave for about 15 to 20 seconds. Be sure to not melt them.

2. Next take cake beaters or a fork and mix them together until they are well blended.

3. Now, after they are well blended, add the powdered sugar a half-cup at a time. Blend together until creamy, add powdered sugar to taste, this can take more or less depending on personal preference.

4. After letting the baked goods cool, spread the cream cheese frosting over the top and enjoy!

This recipe is super easy and can be done by anyone. After preparing, refrigerate any leftover frosting to keep.

Prep Time: 10 minutes