Authors: Erin Udell

We all have a spirit food –– that one thing you could eat for the rest of your life. I’ve argued with myself over this for quite some time but ultimately, after years of soul searching and a trip to California in an attempt to “find myself,” I landed on hot wings.

This passion for wings eventually led me to Mo Jeaux’s Bar and Grill, a little restaurant by my apartment. I was first enticed by the smell of smoked barbeque that would waft in through my bedroom window and, ever since my first visit, I’ve been hooked.

I often found myself placing to-go orders for their pulled pork sandwiches and wings. Even the shame of walking through my parking lot with bagged styrofoam boxes wasn’t enough to keep me away.

By the time I turned 21, I knew my favorite eatery would soon become my favorite watering hole. While dollar pints on Wednesday from 9 to midnight and four-for-one well drinks and Coors on Thursday nights makes for a solid way to start my weekends, it’s the mornings I really love.

I’m convinced that there is nothing like a good Bloody Mary on a Sunday morning. And, with dim lighting on the inside and fresh air on the outdoor patio, there’s always a good seating option depending on the severity of your hangover.

So if you’re looking for a chill place to hang out, the best smoked wings you’ll ever have or just a good drink, head to Mo Jeaux’s. And don’t be surprised if you see me there.