Authors: Courtney Riley

Bondi Beach Bar, located in Old Town Fort Collins, hopes to bring its customers “a little of the Aussie spirit of relaxation and good times.”

That may be why the venue was voted by CSU students as the best place to dance in Fort Collins.

“We just throw a party every night we’re open,” said Cory Leicester, the general manager of Bondi. “Our staff gets into it as much as our guests get into it.”

Josh Ferrero, one of Bondi’s bartenders, said the bar has an “awesome vibe” good DJ’s, which makes it a hot spot for dancing.

“We have the best DJ’s in town,” he said. “They play really awesome music.”

Marketa Jancar, a senior natural resource recreation and tourism major, said she and her friends go to Bondi every Thursday specifically to dance.

The venue features routine DJ’s, but Jancar said her favorite is Miguel Garcia.

“Bondi plays more mainstream music sort of,” she said. “Everyone can enjoy it.”

Ferrero said Bondi has a really lively, friendly atmosphere, and customers don’t have to worry about a fight breaking out.

“We try to keep it at a good volume and not too crowded,” he added.

“Everyone really enjoys being here and what we do,” Leicester said. “It’s a high-energy, fun environment.”

Bondi opened in July 2009, and operates Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Its lunch and dinner menu consists of various starters, salads, entrees, sandwiches, burgers and desserts.

The bar also serves several Fort Collins microbrews, including New Belgium, Odells and Equinox.

And according to Ferrero, Bondi makes the “best drinks in town, hands down.”

Ferrero, who recently moved to Fort Collins, said he when he isn’t working and goes out to Old Town to experience the bar scene for himself, he always ends up coming back to Bondi.

“It’s cool to go out to Old Town and really notice where I work at,” he said. “It’s always where I want to finish my night.”

He said it’s very cool to work at the venue dubbed the best place to dance in Fort Collins.

“It’s the best place to work at, the staff is really fun,” he said. “And when so many college students love what you’re doing, it feels like you’re really accomplishing something.”

Entertainment Editor Courtney Riley can be reached at verve@collegian.com.

What: Bondi Beach Bar
Where: 11 Old Town Square
Hours: Monday: Closed until spring
Tuesday: Closed until spring
Wednesday: 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Thursday: 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Friday: 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Happy Hour from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
No Cover
Specials:
Wednesday: $2 PBR’s, $3 bombs
Thursday: 2 for 1 wells, $3 bombs
Friday: $2 Jello shots
Saturday: $2 Jello shots
Sunday: $2 Mimosas
More information: 970-224-4100 or bondibar.com