Full Disclosure: Nic Turiciano and Dan Bombard currently collaborate on a music project unrelated to DINOSAURUS REX.
We like to call this bit the KCSU 3Ã—9. We present nine categories to a local artist or band and they respond with their top three choices for each.
DINOSAURUS REX is Dan Bombard, a senior at Colorado State University with a proclivity for sampling and altering the funk songs of yesteryear.
Bombard is releasing D. REX’s debut album, Cosby Sweater, on Friday, March 23, through D. REX’s Bandcamp.
Check out Bombard’s —ahem — attitudinal musings on baseball players, Friday nights,and The Strokes below and catch D. REX on the KCSU Local Loco program tonight, March 19, at 7 pm.
1. What are your top 3 funk/Motown groups?
- Stevie Wonder
- The Isley Brothers
- Sam Cooke
2. Sample based artists?
- DJ Premier
- Toro Y Moi
- Dr. Dre
- J Dilla
3. Late night eats in Fort Collins?
- Pizza Casbah
4. Children’s stories?
5. Adult Swim programs?
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force
- Moral Orel
- Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!
- Look Around You
- and every Flying Lotus bump ever.
6. Things to do on a Friday night?
- Record Music
- Play beer games
- Listen to jazz records
7. Baseball players (Alive or Dead)?
- Joltin’ Joe DiMaggio
8. The Strokes songs?
- Anything on Is This It? (namely “Alone, Together,” “Soma,” and “Last Night.”)
- Anything on Room on Fire (namely “Whatever Happened?,” “12:51,” and “Meet Me in the Bathroom.”)
9. Things to kill cockroaches with?
- Nic, I’m not going to answer these ones. They are kinda stupid.
Nic Turiciano is a senior journalism major at Colorado State University. Follow him on Twitter Follow @Nic_Turishawno