Authors: Andrew Carrera

CSU students will pose as little green men and women in the Lory Student Center today, drumming up excitement for the arrival of the well-known UFO researcher Robert Hastings.

The 90-minute event, hosted by the student-run event planning organization known as ASAP, takes place Thursday at 7 p.m. in the LSC North Ballroom.

Hastings will lecture and present a slide show titled “UFOs: The Secret Story,” which he said goes over 60 years of documents proving beyond a reasonable doubt that extraterrestrials have been monitoring and tampering with nuclear weapons.

The last time this took place, according to Hastings, was on Oct. 23, 2010 at the F.E. Warren U.S. Air Force Base in Cheyenne, Wyo.

“ … The base suddenly lost communication with 50 ICMB’s. Officially, for about one hour, they could not communicate with the missiles,” he said. “During this period … if missiles had been ordered to launch by the president of the United States, this base would not be able to launch these missiles.”

His research shows, however, that communication with the weapons was actually down for 26 hours.

“The time has come for the American people to be given the facts about UFOs,” Hasting said.

And the audiences that he has presented to, he added, have agreed. Hastings has lectured on the subject at more than 500 schools over the course of 30 years.

“People are extraordinarily impressed by the magnitude of the situation,” he said.

His visit is particularly meaningful to people like Fort Collins resident Patrick Kehoe, who recently started the city’s only UFO interest group called Beyond the Game.

Kehoe said there are many locals who are fascinated by the paranormal, but have few opportunities to pursue that interest aside from personal research. UFO groups, conferences and speakers are rare in places like Fort Collins.

“There’s a lot more that goes on in Denver,” he said.

Hastings, for example, last lectured at CSU in 1985. But that makes his return all the more extraordinary.

“No matter how much one researches this sort of thing … it always helps to have real physical events and speakers to sort of solidify that,” Kehoe said.

Community members aren’t the only ones who stand to benefit from the lecture, said Alex Yuan, the ASAP employee who arranged Hastings’s visit.

“We like to plan events that challenge people’s viewpoints but also can be fun,” she said.

In the past, the organization has hosted people like Faisal Alam, a gay Muslim who advocates for LGBT equality in Islamic communities and beyond.

“We thought this could be a cool topic, maybe spark people’s interest, maybe get a couple conspiracy theorists in the room,” she said.

Senior Reporter Andrew Carrera can be reached at news@collegian.com.

Interested in the event?

Who: Robert Hastings, well-known UFO lecturer
What: Lecture and presentation of his slide show titled, “UFOs: The Secret Story”
When: Tonight at 7 p.m.
Where: Lory Student Center North Ballroom
Why: It’s free!

Want to participate in a UFO group? Join:

Beyond the Game
Contact: kehoepatrick@comcast.net
Find: Beyond the Game on meetup.com