Authors: The Rocky Mountain Collegian Editorial Board

Tony Frank and university administrators headed to the City Council work session Tuesday evening, as reported on the front page of today’s Collegian, and we think it was a good move, seeing as how the on-campus stadium proposal is starting to seem like less of a possibility and more like a concrete plan.

Frank discussed the stadium –– among other campus issues like the university master plan and student housing –– with City Council members who raised questions central to the interests of Fort Collins residents.

Members and university officials touched on subjects like the stadium location, funding and traffic problems that could be a result of the stadium construction. Throughout the session, Frank also spoke of the relationship between the university and the city, which he said he hopes to keep strong throughout the process of the stadium plan.

We think the stadium plan, which started as an idea that seemingly came out of nowhere with the hire of CSU’s Athletic Director Jack Graham in December, has now reached a point of no return, with reports of the university looking to hire architects and project managers to oversee stadium construction.

So, it’s more important now than ever before to keep a dialogue going between CSU, the city and students.

An on-campus stadium wouldn’t just affect students, so by keeping their process transparent with the larger Fort Collins community, CSU is making the right move.

Let’s just hope it stays that way.