Authors: Kyle Grabowski

Though Boise State sits under .500 for the season, the Broncos have notched nine of their 11 wins at home entering Wednesday night’s matchup with CSU.

The Rams, on the other hand, have struggled on the road this year, losing their first four conference road games by more than 16 points per game.

“When you go on the road, you know you can lose to anybody at any time,” CSU coach Tim Miles said. “But bottom line, if you want to make the NCAA Tournament, you’ve got to win on the road.”

CSU’s tournament hopes took a big hit Saturday with a 75-71 loss at TCU, but the team is focused on getting back on track and moving on.

“I don’t think we’re going to dwell on the loss, we need to learn from it and play better,” junior Dorian Green said. “We need to stay disciplined. We turned the ball over too much late and had too many empty possessions at the end of the game.”

Wednesday’s game in Boise seems to come at a perfect time for a CSU team that has been inconsistent as of late, with the Broncos entering the matchup at 11-12 and only 1-7 in Mountain West play.

However, Boise State won its most recent game, defeating Air Force 72-61 in Colorado Springs and nearly knocked off No. 11 UNLV earlier this season in Boise.

“I thought Air Force dismantled us the first time they played us and for us to go there and win, it’s a huge stride,” Boise State coach Leon Rice said. “The sun’s a little brighter today, the bounce in the step is a little better for everybody, and it keeps moving our program in the right direction.”

A big part of Boise State’s recent success has been the play of freshman guard Anthony Drmic, who recorded his first career double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds in the team’s win over Air Force.

Drmic also leads the Broncos’ three-point attack, hitting 2.3 threes per game, while making 35 percent of his attempts from beyond the arc.

“We’re not going to take them lightly at all,” guard Wes Eikmeier said. “They have a number of guys that can light it up (from three-point range) and the last time they hurt us on the offensive boards, so that will be a focus for us.”

The Broncos pulled down 15 offensive rebounds in the first game this season, though it only led to 11 second-chance points due to Boise State shooting a chilly 33.8 percent from the field.

A win for the Rams would help them start to claw back into the NCAA Tournament discussion, and the team understands it doesn’t have much room for error.

“You always want to win in conference, so we just need to come out ready to battle for 40 minutes,” Green said.

Men’s Basketball Beat Reporter Kyle Grabowski can be reached at sports@collegian.com.

Who: CSU vs. Boise State
When: 8 p.m.
Where: Taco Bell Arena Boise, Idaho
TV: The MTN