Authors: Collegian Staff Report

According to an e-mail from CSU’s Public Safety Team, a “strong-arm” robbery was reported Tuesday night in the Moby parking lot at the CSU campus.

The incident occurred at 9 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the e-mail, the suspect approached the victim, who was getting out of a parked car, and demanded the victim’s wallet.

The victim kicked the suspect in the leg and ran to Corbett Hall. The e-mail says the victim did not see weapons on the suspect.

The victim described the suspect as a 6’ 2”, white male who was in his 30s. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and a blue bandana covering his face. He was also described as having a deeper voice.

Update
A CSU student was the victim of an attempted robbery in the Moby Parking Lot Tuesday night, an incident that Lt. Scott Harris of the CSU Police Department said was the first of its kind reported this year.

According to an email from the Public Safety Team, the suspect approached the victim, who was getting out of a parked car, and demanded the victim’s wallet. The victim refused and kicked the suspect in the leg, before retreating to Corbett Hall.

The victim said they did not see a weapon on the suspect.

The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s who is about 6 foot 2 inches. At the time of the incident, he was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and had a blue bandana covering his face. He was described as having a deeper voice.

Last year, only one similar instance was reported on campus, according to Harris, who said that they, “happen infrequently,” in an email to the Collegian.

Anyone with information about the incident is advised to call CSUPD at 970-491-6475.

Stay with Collegian.com for more updates as the story develops.