Authors: Collegian Staff Report

Mike Hooker, the northern Colorado bureau reporter at Channel 4 in Denver has been named the new director of public affairs and communications at CSU.

After a national search, Hooker has been chosen out of about 100 applicants to replace Brad Bohlander, who left the university in October.

Hooker is an Emmy-award winning journalist who worked at NBC stations around the country before joining CBS4 News in Denver in 1994.

“Mike is a quintessential storyteller with a passion for building relationships and educating the public in compelling informative ways –– skills that will be hugely beneficial at the university and help propel our communications strategy forward,” said Vice President for External Relations Tom Milligan in a press release.

Hooker, who received his bachelor’s degree in journalism at the University of Colorado, lives in Fort Collins with his wife and two daughters.

“I’m looking forward to improving on the success the university has had in attracting top-flight students and faculty, continuing the university’s ascent in national ranking and reputation, and leading the change to show Coloradans and our elected leaders the value of investing in higher education,” Hooker said in a press release.