Authors: Jordan Kurtz

The Everitt Real Estate Center at CSU’s College of Business is set to add to its Real Estate Hall of Fame Thursday with the induction of Dave and Gail Liniger, co-founders of RE/MAX.

The pair will be on campus in the Lory Student Center Main Ballroom for the induction ceremony, with doors opening at 9 a.m. and commencement at 10 a.m.

“The first 300 students get a free continental breakfast, a CSU School of Business slap bracelet and a chance to win a raffle for a hot air balloon ride with your friends,” said Becka Ellis, communication coordinator for the College of Business, adding that there will also be 300 gift certificates to Fuzzy’s Taco Shop given away.

Some students, like senior business major Taylor Enslen, are excited for the event.

“I’m really looking forward to hearing what they have to say, and getting an insight into big business and what it entails,” Enslen said. “It sounds interesting.”

The Everitt Real Estate Center honors alumni and members for their achievements and service in Colorado real estate. And the Linigers’ fit the bill, said the center’s administrator Anne Spry.

“They are No. 1 by sales volume in the world with more than 100,000 agents in more than 80 countries,” Spry said.

RE/MAX was founded in 1973 in Denver. They started in a single office and, through innovative sales and marketing methods, have become the global real estate network they are today.

“The reason why they have been so successful is that they’ve been innovative,” Spry said. “They have tried different things. You have to be different to be successful today.”

The Linigers are expected to speak about the importance of persistence and “following your dreams,” Spry said.

RE/MAX has always pushed community involvement, with some of their philanthropies, including the Children’s Miracle Network and the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.

According to Spry, this newfound association with CSU will only add to that legacy.

“They want to get involved and make a difference,” she said.

Collegian writer Jordan Kurtz can be reached at news@collegian.com.