Authors: Collegian Staff Report

The Nutcracker’ dances to Fort Collins

For three consecutive nights beginning tonight, the Colorado Ballet will present the holiday classic “The Nutcracker” at the Lincoln Center –– but with a twist.

Starring the Colorado Ballet’s “Ballet Mistress” Lorita Travaglia, the ballet will feature an entirely fresh set of choreography, deviating from the classic dance.

The Fort Collins Symphony, directed by CSU’s Wes Kenney, will provide the “The Nutcracker’s” music. Tickets can be purchased at tickets.lctix.com.

Fraternity to light up town with toy drive

CSU’s chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon (SigEp) is putting on a charity toy drive and light show at its 121 E. Lake St. chapter house tonight at 5 p.m.

“We wanted to put on an event that would prevent kids in our community from being left out during the holiday season because of the harsh economic times,” said senior history major Jon DiGiorgio and SigEp member in a press release.

The entire Fort Collins community is invited to drop off toys and enjoy the light display –– all donations will benefit the Toys for Tots of Larimer County.

Cooking lesson with a sweet surprise

Today at 12 p.m. in the Kendall Anderson Nutrition Center of the Gifford Building, the monthly “Secret Ingredient Dining Series” will present its “Nutritious Sweets” class.

Attendees can, according to a press release, “learn nutrient-rich, sweet recipes that will be a hit with any crowd, along with helpful strategies for enjoying holiday gatherings without undoing healthful habits.”

The cost is $20 per attendees and those interested can register at nutritioncenter.colostate.edu.