Authors: Collegian Staff Report

*CSU system Board of Governors Meeting continues
*
The CSU system Board of Governors Meeting will continue throughout the day Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 1:50 p.m. in the Lory Student Center Grey Rock Room.

8 to 8:05 a.m.: Public Comment
8:05 to 8:35 a.m.: Board Chair’s Agenda
8:35 to 10:15 a.m.: Executive Session
10:15 to 10:55 a.m.: Faculty and Student Representatives Reports
10:55 to 11:10 a.m.: Chancellor’s Report
11:10 to 11:20 a.m.: Strategic Plan Updates
11:20 a.m. to 12 p.m. Presidents’ Reports and Campus Updates
12:10 to 1:10 p.m.: Committee Reports and Resolutions
1:10 to 1:15 p.m.: Consent Agenda
1:15 to 1:50 p.m.: Institutional Discussion Items

Final suspect from March 2010 shooting arrested

On Monday, police arrested the final of four suspects wanted for a shooting in the Horsetooth Reservoir area in March of 2010.

Gordon Rae Reed of Aurora was arrested on suspicion of Aggravated Robbery, a Felony 3 offense in a drug deal gone bad police said.

“Four men from the Denver area had come to Larimer County with the intent to steal a pound of marijuana, which they had arranged to buy from two Larimer County men,” a Larimer County Sheriff’s Office news release said.

The news release said that during the robbery one of the Denver men grabbed the marijuana and in the struggle one of the Larimer County men was shot.

The arrests of all other individuals involved took place last year.

New Fort Collins police chief to be sworn in Friday

John Hutto will take his oath of office as Fort Collins’ new police chief at a swearing in ceremony Friday.

Hutto assumed the role as chief of police on Dec. 1 when he was officially sworn in.
“John has an exceptionally strong mix of operational experience in a university community, proven strategic leadership skills, and a commitment to collaboration and community,” said City Manager Darin Atteberry. “We have an excellent Police Department, and I believe John is just the right guy to take us to an even higher level of community service.”

With more than 25 years of law enforcement experience, Hutto has also served as assistant chief of police in Austin, Texas.