Authors: Jen Obrin

“Happy Feet Two” is the sequel to the popular, animated, 2006 film Happy Feet; starring Elijah Wood as Mumble and Alecia Moore, a.k.a. P!nk, as his mate Gloria.

“Happy Feet Two” is full of singing and dancing even more than the first and has added more characters to the mix, including Will (Brad Pitt) and Bill (Matt Damon), as krill who long for something bigger outside Antarctica.

Mumble and Gloria now have their son Erik, and after a failing attempt at dancing soon realizes he can’t shake it like dad. He runs away and finds a new role model in the mighty Sven (Hank Azaria), who is a puffin that disguises himself as a penguin. Mumble along with Ramon (Robin Williams), venture out to find Erik and bring him back to colony.

Soon, Mumble realizes he has bigger problems. It is never mentioned through the film, but global warming begins to melt and move the glaciers and traps the colony from the water. Many species come to join the cause and help save the penguins from their dire circumstance. By dancing and stomping on the ice the rescue team hurries to save the colony.

Although the plot was not that exciting, the special effects and cinematography were amazing. The special effects team did a great job with the extra details of the penguins and landscape of Antarctica. The viewer will think he or she can touch the snow or feel the feathers on the penguins.

“Happy Feet Two” basically has the same plot as the first, a misplaced penguin trying to find his step in life. The plot has a hard time gaining momentum and I found myself wanting more of the krill, Will and Bill.

I give the film 3 out of 5 stars.