Authors: Stephanie Meisner

Dave and Gail Liniger, co-founders of RE/MAX –– the top-producing real estate network in the world for more than a decade –– will present an inspirational story on how they changed the real estate industry and how the passion and belief they had for success of the company turned their dream into a reality. The “Above the Crowd” event will take place on Thursday, Dec. 8 at 10 a.m. in the Main Ballroom of the Lory Student Center.

The event is free to the public. The first 300 students in attendance will receive a free breakfast, a CSU College of Business slap band and the opportunity to win a free balloon ride with friends in a RE/MAX hot air balloon.

RE/MAX, known widely for its colorful hot-air balloon logo, was started in 1973 in Denver. Currently RE/MAX has offices in more than 80 countries worldwide and more than 90,000 agents; nobody sells more real estate than RE/MAX. The College of Business is especially proud to welcome two local Coloradans to campus.

Dave and Gail Liniger’s story is one of business professionals who have experienced the trials, challenges and opportunities of enterprise and learned from experience how to become the leaders they are today. Dave Liniger’s work has been recognized previously by CSU as the recipient of a Leadership Excellence Award from the Global Institute for Leadership Development, and he is a recipient of the International Franchise Hall of Fame.

Gail Liniger has been recognized for her accomplishments by being named one of the top 10 U.S. women for her outstanding achievement in business, the arts and public service in 1988 and was honored by the State of Colorado as the “Entrepreneur of the Year” in the real estate and construction category.

Leadership is only one key ingredient in launching a business and having it succeed. A large aspect of RE/MAX is the constant need for growth, the Linigers believe. Understanding the values of education and thriving on the brand of having “outstanding agents,” RE/MAX University was created as a resource to help agents stay on the path of success. Agents have always been viewed as the most valuable asset to RE/MAX. The company was built with a 100 percent commission structure, rewarding agents generously.

While the franchise is thriving and a new location is opened every day from Africa to New Zealand, the RE/MAX philosophy of “striving to help you live your dreams” goes for all agents, brokers, clients and the lives touched by their ambitious journey.

The College of Business is excited to share the “Above the Crowd” event with students and the entire campus and hopes it will serve as an inspiration and motivation to following dreams and achieving success.

Stephanie Meisner is a junior business major with a minor in apparel and merchandising.