Authors: Andrew Schaller

Getting a win on the road while trying to snap a three-game losing streak is difficult enough, but doing so against a team with an all-conference post player makes the task even more daunting.

But that is exactly what CSU will try to do against Northern Colorado, and two-time Big Sky all-conference forward Lauren Oosdyke tonight.

The Rams have struggled at the beginning of the season, losing three straight games while posting a 1-5 record on the young season.

“I’m sick of losing,” junior Meghan Heimstra said. “I think that we’re better than the losses that we’ve had, so we’re looking for a win and we’re hoping to get it and get off this streak.”

The end of their losing streak will not come easily for the Rams however, with UNC’s Oosdyke leading the team averaging 15.7 points per game while scoring in double-digits in five straight contests.

“I think her last couple of games she’s really shown her maturity,” UNC coach Jaime White said. “She doesn’t have to overextend herself, she just needs to do her things well and she’s been doing that.”

In an effort to keep Oosdyke at bay, the Rams will have Heimstra guard the 5-11 forward, and do “some different things” as CSU coach Kristen Holt put it, with their post players defensively.

While the matchup is a challenge for the Rams, they do have a height advantage over UNC and will look to exploit that on the offensive end to get better quality shots.

“We’re trying to work for our size advantage,” Holt said. “We’re trying to work for the good shots, and get it to people where they are taking the shots that they want to take.”

After struggling to mount a comeback in an 87-69 loss to Denver on Tuesday, the Rams have been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to get back on the court and find a rhythm offensively.

“We’re just going to play,” Heimstra said. “We’ll try to do inside-out with our post play, but if we don’t have our post play, we have some good shooters out here, so it’ll be hard to guard us.”

Women’s Basketball Beat Reporter Andrew Schaller can be reached at sports@collegian.com.

Who: CSU vs. Northern Colorado

When: Tonight at 7 p.m.

Where: Greeley, Colo.