Authors: Eugene Daniels

CSU. We made it to Thanksgiving. Let’s have a moment of silence for our comrades who have already failed out. And done. I’ve gotten a lot of emails about some Thanksgiving dinner etiquette, so I figured I’d just answer them all in this intro.

First of all, do NOT take your new boyfriend, girlfriend or booty call to Turkey Day festivities. That is a no-no. It’s supposed to be family time, and if you bring a stranger, it can get awkward really fast with all the questions and judgments.

Secondly, even if you are having family issues, you need to go to the family dinner. This is supposed to be a time where we ignore the fact that some guy came over here and completely took over someone’s land and enjoy family and food. No matter what the relationship between you guys is.

And just be thankful for whatever you have because the truth is –– you could be dead. Or be a Kardashian. Not sure which one is worse.

________________________________

Dear NoBS,

I’ve been seeing this girl for a while now, and we are nuts about each other. We are polar opposites, and I think that’s why it works. I’m kind of a “good guy,” and she is definitely the epitome of a bad girl, and I think that is one of the things I like most about her.

Sometimes she has a really bad attitude and can come off like a b***h, but to me she’s a sweet girl. The problem is, she and my family HATE each other, and it’s straining the relationships between me and my otherwise really close family. I guess my question is — do I have to choose, or can I have both? Family and girlfriend?

Thanks,

LoveBadGirls

Dear LoveBadGirls,

Sorry bud. This is not Burger King, and you CAN’T have it your way with this one. This is the deal –– you’re going to have to man up and choose one. And let’s be honest, you can’t get a new family, otherwise Lindsay Lohan would’ve been the first in line.

I’m a military brat, so I completely understand close families. And I would always pick them over any chick because I know they’ll always be there. And to be frank, I’ve had this choice before, and you know what I did? Kicked her ass to the curb.

Or you could try and get your family to see the other side of her. But what’s happened to you is they probably see something you don’t because you’re blinded by your love for bad girls. Which is a weird fetish to have because she’ll probably cheat on you. She’s bad, of course.

If you want to submit a question or just send hate mail (I love either), send an email to NBSAdvice@gmail.com. Eugene Daniels is a senior journalism major. He can be reached at verve@collegian.com.