Authors: Ricki Watkins

While many people were spending their Halloween night trick-or-treating, dressing up or partying, dub fans were headed to Broomfield, Colo., for Skrillex’s Mothership Tour.

The 1stBank Center played host to popular dubstep artists Skrillex, Nero, 12th Planet, Two Fresh, Nadastrom, and Skream and Benga on Oct. 31.

Several Colorado State University students attended the event and enjoyed their experience.

“The show was sick!” Samantha Black, a freshman at CSU and avid concert-goer and dubstep fan, said. “All the artists threw down so hard and being there with all my friends in a suite made it 10 times better. I had a great time and would definitely do it over again.”

For Wes Miller, a junior business management major, this was his first dubstep concert. He said he was impressed by the artists’ performances and setup. However, he was dissatisfied with the repetition of some songs.

“I thought it was really set up well and, in my opinion, Nero was my favorite performer, but Skrillex definitely had the best stage setup along with the lights to go with the music,” Miller said. “Also, I thought the music that was played was great. I was somewhat disappointed with how they repeated a few songs.”

Francis Fahnestock, a freshman physics major, enjoyed the entire experience from the music to the atmosphere.

“It was everybody having a good time together. It’s more than just the music, it needs to be the whole feeling,” Fahnestock said.

CSU students agree they had a great time spending their 2011 Halloween getting down to a little dub.