Authors: Kara Sawinska

Eating the same dull foods every day can lead to breakfast burnout. Toss that bowl of cereal and shake up your morning routine with one of these cheap, healthy alternatives.

1. Hurrying to your 8 a.m. class? Ditch the table and snag a bag of granola and nuts at CAM’s Convenience Store on your way. “They come in little packages in a box and are pretty healthy,” Leah McKenna, a sophomore graphic design major, said. For an equally speedy alternative, make morning s’mores by spreading fruit flavored yogurt over graham crackers.

2. Put nutrition in the palm of your hand by whipping up a smoothie. Mix up a classic fruit flavor by adding oatmeal and milk, as suggested by senior Spanish major Cammi Collier. Amber White, a freshman journalism major, suggests adding agave nectar instead of sugar.

3. Craving a balanced meal? Sneak in some carbs, protein and fruit by coating a toasted English muffin with peanut butter and banana slices.

4. Make over your average bagel by topping it with melted cheddar cheese and apple slices. This combination will satisfy your daily calcium and vitamin C intake. If you’re looking to fulfill your veggie needs, just substitute the apples with spinach.

5. Enjoy the ultimate power breakfast by making a sunny-side-up sandwich. Toast two slices of whole wheat bread and stuff them with a fried egg, lettuce, tomato and any other vegetables of your choice.