Authors: Marcus Mortiz

Adult Swim, a national TV program featuring shows like “Frisky Dingo” and “Mary Shelley’s Frankenhole,” will be throwing a block party in Fort Collins on Thursday night in Old Town.

The “Adult Swim Block Party” will take place from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Walnut Street between Linden and Mountain avenues. Entrants must be 18 years or older, and there is no cost for admission.

“Adult Swim picked Fort Collins because it has a very contemporary culture to it, with the vibrant university right here. It is also very accepting of that culture and outdoor events like Tour de Fat,” said Peggy Lyle, the Programming and Events Director for the Downtown Business Association.

The block party will resemble a carnival where “students, fans and newcomers alike will be immersed in the ultimate block party experience featuring zany carnival games, live music, balloons (gotta have balloons) and lots of free stuff,” Lyle wrote in a press release.

“I really like some of their programming,” Colby Rogers, a sophomore biomedical sciences major said. “So I think that it will be really fun to go to with all my friends.”

“Adult Swim really targets the students and a lot of people who live in Fort Collins,” Lyle said.

Fort Collins will be the second-to-last stop on the block party tour.

“Going will be a cool chance to listen to some live music,” said Ro McClaney, a junior communications major. “I also heard that there will be lots of free stuff.”

Tennis, a local band out of Denver, will perform at the block party. Adult Swim also said participants will have the chance to win some cash or walk home with some new free stuff.

“Adult Swim brings an alternative comedy style to TV, and it will be a cool chance to possibly see some voice actors or booths from some of my favorite TV shows: Squidbillies and “SuperJail!” McClaney said.

“It will be cool for students to go because it is a national TV station. That alone gives it a lot of notoriety,” Lyle said. “That makes for a very unique carnival.”

Collegian writer Marcus Moritz can be reached at verve@collegian.com.

What: Adult Swim Block Party

Where: Old Town, on Walnut St. between Linden and Mountain Ave.

When: Today, November 10. 7 to 11 p.m.

Cost: Free

More information: downtownfortcollins.com

Must be 18 years or older