Led It All Out

Authors: Amy McDaniel

Put your devil horns in the air, let your hair down and get ready to mosh like it’s 1971!

All you die-hard Led Zeppelin fans out there, prepare to ascend the stairway to the past, because the ultimate tribute band is here to give us a taste of the epic music produced by one of the most innovative and influential rock bands of the 1970s.

This Saturday, Oct. 8th the newly refurbished Lincoln Center will host a concert featuring the renowned Led Zeppelin tribute band “Get the Led Out” for a two-hour performance that promises to provide a “Whole Lotta Love.”

Often referred to as “The American Led Zeppelin,” GTLO covers songs that span the entire career of the original British super-group, always striving to do justice to what many believe was one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

Formed in 1968 in England, Led Zeppelin is often cited as one of the founders of heavy metal; their unique style transcended any particular genre and set them apart from other rock bands. Following the death of drummer John Bonham in 1980 the group disbanded, but was certainly not forgotten.

Since Led Zeppelin’s dispersal, numerous tribute bands have formed to honor the group’s musical contributions and keep their spirit alive for generations. Modern rock groups often cover the most popular Led Zeppelin songs, including Iron Maiden’s version of “Communication Breakdown” (1990) and Godsmack’s “Good Times, Bad Times” (2007).

Members of “Get the Led Out” have been fostering Led Zeppelin’s legacy all around the country, drawing enthusiastic crowds from New Jersey to Colorado.

CSU students and the Fort Collins community should not miss the chance to catch the GTLO set beginning at 7:30pm this Saturday. Tickets are available on the Fort Collins Lincoln Center website, and range in price from $28-$39.

For broke college students this may seem pricey, but as any Led Zeppelin fanatic will tell you, you can’t put a price on rock! So take a break this weekend and “led it all out” with your fellow metal heads at this concert of legendary proportions.