Authors: Erin Nalli

Fall is finally here, and now all that is left to do is wait for the change in weather to match it. Once it happens, we will see a switch to rich, bold colors, coats, boots and this year, to hats.

Cloche hats are front and center in the line of fashion this fall, and I am fully on board.

A cloche hat is a bell-shaped hat that created a look definitive of the 1920s. Naturally, it instantly adds a touch of feminine class to any modern outfit.

Over the past few years, these hats have been shown in very high fashion applications and settings, but this fall they are really making a statement in everyday fashion.

Target now has quite an extensive selection of cloche hats available for a very reasonable price. They come in a variety of colors and styles and range from about $10 to $20. All of Target’s cloche hats can easily be carried into the winter season. My favorite one available at Target is a deep purple with a swirling arrangement building a flower detail on the side.

All of the cloche hats from Target can be seen at target.com under the women’s accessories (hats, scarves and gloves) section.

These accessories, which were an object of high, upscale fashion are now available to everyone.
They are readily obtainable, and it is a small investment that can stylize any ensemble into a fall looking fashion.

Have fun with hats as accessories this season. Add a splash of fall color to your neutral-toned outfit. Pair a hat with fall boots and gloves. Try out different hairstyles you can wear under the hats to change the overall look. Make a statement with your accessories this fall.

I know I will be taking advantage of the new accessories this season, and you should too!

Fashion columnist Erin Nalli can be reached at verve@collegian.com.