More than three weeks after Sascha Franzelâ€™s tragic passing, the Larimer County Coronerâ€™s Office has released her cause of death â€” an acute asthmatic attack.
The manner of the 19-year-old CSUâ€™s studentâ€™s death was said to be natural, with other significant conditions contributing, including aspiration of gastric contents, which made their way into Franzelâ€™s lungs and, while it was not the cause of death, decreased the function of her lungs.
Another significant condition included in Franzelâ€™s death was albuterol intoxication. According to the coronerâ€™s office, albuterol is an asthma drug commonly found in inhalers, which Franzel used on the night of her death.
The toxicology report has officially been released, but the final autopsy report has not.
Franzel, a biology major from Honolulu, was found in her apartment on the night of Sept. 10. Her roommates were providing CPR when police and ambulance personnel arrived. She was then transported to Poudre Valley Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
News Editor Erin Udell can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.