Authors: Hannah Woolums

Opening in 1993 in Breckenridge, Colorado and in 1996 in Fort Collins, Colorado, Rasta Pasta has become a landmark in these towns. Although many walk by this restaurant daily, they have never stopped in to taste the fresh take on Caribbean meets Italian foods.

Located in Old Town on Walnut, Rasta Pasta presents a comfortable environment to have a good time in the company of friends and family while enjoying their unique cuisine. Rasta’s reasonable prices offer the perfect night out for the struggling college student.

When first visiting Rasta Pasta, I thought the sign said Pasta Pasta, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this was more than your average pasta restaurant. Their entrees amazed me with their unique spices and varieties of either meat or vegetables. With so many choices from shrimp, mussels and clams to sausage or jerk chicken you can’t go wrong.

They also offer a variety of different sauces including their original take on the common marinara sauce to alfredo and butter sauce. Their Spaghetti Knuckles are an addicting entrée containing spicy sausage and marinara sauce with garlic, onions, basil, oregano and diced tomatoes.

One day when you are in Old Town stop into Rasta Pasta and try it for yourself. You will be surprised at their friendly service and unbelievable cuisine.