Movie Review: Killer Elite

Authors: Jen Obrin

If you like explosions, gun fights and Jason Statham, then you will enjoy this movie. “Killer Elite” falls a little short of the previews, but still leaves the viewer a little interested and intrigued.

Killer Elite is based on the true story from Ranulph Fiennes’ novel, “The Feather Men,” and stars Robert DeNiro, Jason Statham and Clive Owen.

It involves a game of two against three with Danny (Statham) and Hunter (DeNiro); two of the world’s most elite operatives against the leader of the S.A.S (Owen). Danny must settle a long time score between Oman and London in order to save Hunter.

However, with various locations such as the Middle East and Paris, the viewer is sometimes left a little confused by the plot.

As Gary McKendry’s first film as a director, “Killer Elite” moves at a brisk place. Between the believable action sequences, the movie becomes a little boring. With Statham playing the same character in essentially all of his movies he did not have to try too hard, although he did a fairly good job.

I would have liked to have seen DeNiro more; he was in hiding throughout most of the film. Owen did a great job portraying his character that can’t quite accept the fact his country no longer needs him.

All in all, Killer Elite is a fun action thriller, but if you wait to see it at AMC Cinema Saver 6, or until it comes out on DVD or Blue Ray, you won’t be missing much. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.