Community Briefs 09/16/11

Authors: Collegian Staff Report

Staying safe and legal at the Showdown

In preparation for tomorrow’s Rocky Mountain Showdown game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High the Colorado State University Police Department offers the following tips/regulations for a safe, successful game.

• Cars can only use one parking spot, and blocking or saving a parking spot for a friend is not allowed. If you want to tailgate with a group, be sure to arrive together.
  • You only can tailgate directly behind your car or in a landscaped area.
  • No open flames, but barbecue grills are allowed.
  • All tailgate parties have to end 30 minutes before kickoff.
  • No glass bottles or kegs in parking area or game and no selling of food or products.
  • Take care of yourself and your friends. Friends should stick together.
  • Ask for help if you’re concerned a friend has had too much to drink.
  • Don’t let friends leave a gathering with people you don’t know, and don’t leave your friends who may have had too much to drink.
  • Sports Authority Field at Mile High’s official rules can be found at http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com.

‘Felt’ up on the runway

Tonight, the Lincoln Center Magnolia Theatre will showcase the fashion collection of Horst Couture –– and the entire collection will feature designs made of felt.

Tickets for Artwear Fashion Week Runway Show & Reception range from $50 to $65 and include a wine and appetizer reception. There are shows at both 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., and after the later show.

Tickets can be purchased online at www.fcgov.com/lctix, by phone at 970-221-6730 or in person at the Lincoln Center Box Office.