Tony Frank to speak today

Authors: Allison Knaus

Crowds of students and campus leaders plan to pack the Oval today to hear Tony Frank share his priorities and goals for the coming year in the President’s Fall Address.

The event kicks off with the CSU Marching Band beginning at 11:15 a.m., followed by the address and ending with a free all-university picnic.

In its 14th year, the address presents a fantastic opportunity for students to come and meet key players at the university, said the Associated Students of Colorado State University President Eric Berlinberg.

The address will highlight university achievements of the past year, priorities and visions for the coming year and the newly conducted research on the highest enrollment numbers in university history.
“You really get a good sense of what’s going on around campus,” said ASCSU Press Secretary Danielle McConnell. “It’s nice to be able to put a face to a name when hearing from our university’s president, Dr. Frank, as well as the ASCSU President, Eric Berlinberg.”

This year’s fall address will also serve as the official kickoff of National Hispanic Heritage Month and will feature Mayor Karen Weitkunat followed by music from the Quemando Salsa Orquesta, a local salsa band.

“It’s important for students to attend the address in order to have the opportunity to partner and network with decision-makers at the university. This address puts the plans for the coming year on the map,” Berlinberg said.

Also at the event, students can stop by with their student IDs and receive a free Forever Green t-shirt and note pad courtesy of ASCSU, explained Tim Brogdon, the director of Student Services for ASCSU at the weekly cabinet meeting.

“Students will receive explanation of the Forever Green history along with their free t-shirt because it’s important to continue the tradition,” Brogdon said.

If the rain continues, the address will be moved to the Lory Student Center. Since a free picnic lunch is provided, all dining centers will be closed, except for Braiden, Corbett and Parmelee Halls.

ASCSU Beat Reporter Allison Knaus can be reached at news@collegian.com.