Authors: Alison Knaus

At tonight’s All-ASCSU event, special guests CSU President Tony Frank, Vice President for student affairs Blanche Hughes and Brett Anderson, vice president for advancement, will speak about the importance of alumni participation, alumni giving and ways ASCSU can get students involved in encouraging current students to stay active in CSU.

“Our campus exists because of the alumni who give back to us through their time, donations and support,” said Eric Berlinberg, ASCSU president.

Berlinberg said that alumni support is below average and current student’s need to understand the importance of supporting and staying involved even after they graduate.

“It’s important that we are some of the most involved alumni after we receive our degree,” he said.
In addition to the importance of alumni participation being on the agenda for discussion, those in attendance will also be able to get a behind-the-scenes look at exactly what administrators work on and how the university is impacted by their decisions.

The event, held tonight in the Lory Student Center Senate Chambers at 5:30 p.m., invites all branches of ASCSU, student organizations, the Resident’s Hall Association, the President’s Leadership Program and any students interested in attending.

After the All-ASCSU event, Frank will present an up-to-date version of the university’s fiscal year 2013 budget during the Senate meeting’s guest speakers section. The administrators will be available to answer any questions students may have and explain how the tough economic times have affected budget numbers, Berlinberg said.

“It’s crucial to have student involvement in the university budgeting process given how many students it affects every single day,” he said.

The All-ASCSU event is open to the public and students are encouraged to attend. Food and drinks will be provided and business-casual attire is requested for the event.

ASCSU beat reporter Allison Knaus can be reached at news@collegian.com.