Authors: Collegian Staff

Exhibit encourages students to remember WWI

Waddell and Reed’s “Honoring Our History” Traveling World War I Exhibition will roll into Fort Collins today for its 10th stop on a national 75-city tour.

The exhibition will be parked at the corner of College Avenue and Lake Street in Lot 575 across from the University Center for the Arts from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free.

The tour is designed to raise funds and awareness for educational and cultural institutions across the country during tough economic times, according to a news release.

The founders of Waddell and Reed, a mutual company, were WWI veterans, and the exhibit includes founder Chauncey Waddell’s flight gear, flight suit and log book.

The Waddell & Reed office in Fort Collins coordinated the event.

Faces of Haiti exhibition to close on Friday

Fort Collins-based environmental nonprofit Trees, Water & People is hosting a special fundraiser on Friday to close out the three-month long Faces of Haiti art exhibition at the Global Village Museum.

The event will serve to support the organization’s efforts for relief in Haiti following the devastating 2010 earthquake.

Faces of Haiti will be held on Sept. 2 at the Global Village Museum in Old Town and begins at 6 p.m. There is a suggested $10 donation at the door.

Professor develops chemistry to improve antidepressants

New methods developed in Professor Tomislav Rovis of the Department of Chemistry are expected to improve understanding of the inner working of commonly used antidepressant drugs.

Rovis received an exploratory grant to further his research from the Colorado Center for Drug Discovery, a part of the commercialization arm of the CSU Research Foundation.

The research is expected to identify structural features in the drugs to reduce side effects and increase potency, according to Today@Colostate.

TILT to host time management workshop

As part of a series of workshops throughout the year to improve study techniques, the Institute for Learning and Teaching (TILT) will be hosting a time management workshop tonight at 7 p.m.

The workshop will focus on time management strategies and setting priorities to get the maximum amount of work done, according to the Institute.
The workshop will begin at 7 p.m. in TILT building, room 105.

— Collegian Staff Report