Authors: Collegian Staff Report

B.o.B and Sean Kingston to play CSU August 26

After creating a buzz around front liner Ludacris, ASAP has done it again – bringing big names to perform on CSU’s campus.
B.o.B and Sean Kingston are up next on the ASAP marquee and will perform Friday, August 26 on the intramural fields just east of Meridian Ave.
Student and faculty tickets are priced at $8.50 with a valid CSU ID and $20 to the general public. Both artists regularly sell out their shows, so selling out for this act should not be a problem for ASAP.
Tickets will be available through csutix.com starting Wednesday, August 10 and will be available at the Lory Student Center starting Monday the 15th.
CSU earns million dollar energy grant

Of the $39 million given to universities nationwide by the U.S. Department of Energy, CSU is set to receive a $1.09 million grant for research in nuclear energy technologies and training.
According to a release, CSU’s new venture, which aims to cut carbon pollution, create clean energy jobs and build up America’s nuclear energy industry, is one of 51 college and university projects across the country.
The department is looking to use programs like the Nuclear Energy University Program (NEUP) to use research and development capabilities of American universities to further U.S. leadership in the nuclear energy industry.
By awarding 51 grants, the department hopes to use universities as collaborators and research partners in the following fields: Fuel Cycle Research and Development, Reactor Concepts Research, Development and Demonstration, Nuclear Energy Advanced Modeling and Simulation and Transformative Research.

Colorado Rep. Gardner seeking interns for fall 2011

Congressman Cory Gardner, a U.S. Representative for Colorado’s 4th congressional district, is looking to fill internship positions in his Fort Collins office for the upcoming fall semester.
Interns in Gardner’s office are expected to answer phones and deal with correspondence while also being engaged in constituent services and community outreach activities.
To apply, contact Dan Betts at dan.betts@mail.house.gov. Besides a completed application, a resume and two letters of recommendation are required.

Learn to measure the rain like the pros

The Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network, CoCoRaHS, gives Colorado’s K-12 schools the chance to help weather and climate scientists across the nation.
At a free training session from 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Aug. 10, Nolan Doesken, a CSU climatologist and founder of CoCoRaHS, will host a training session, “How to measure rain, hail and snow in your own backyard.”
Participants in the session will learn how to measure precipitation, why it is important and how to contribute their own data to local scientists.

— Collegian Staff Report