Authors: Erin Udell

“Have you ever gotten wood from your own toothpick stuck in your teeth and then needed to use another toothpick to get the wood out? I have.”

This statement, submitted in January 2006 by a CSU student, marked the first in a long line of rants and raves for RamTalk, a popular section in the Collegian.

And this Friday, with more than five years and thousands of submissions under its belt, Ram Talk will enter new territory — book territory.

Simply titled, “Ram Talk,” the book, which was released by the Rocky Mountain Student Media Corporation, features more than 200 submissions from the 2010-11 school year.

“I thought it was a really good idea because RamTalk is an important element of the paper,” said Michael Humphrey, adviser for the Collegian. “It was also an opportunity for us to raise funds to send students to educational and developmental conferences so they can become better journalists.”

Hard copies of the books are on sale for $10, while supplies last, at the front desk of the Student Media Office. Order forms will also be available.

The book is also for sale on Amazon.com for $10 for a hard copy or $7.99 for the Kindle version.

Aside from fundraising, the book serves as a chance for Design Editor and Copy Chief Alexandra Sieh, who compiled and designed “RamTalk,” to leave her stamp on CSU and the Collegian.

“Being the ‘RamTalk girl’ has been really interesting,” Sieh said. “I’ve been called so many things from a feminist to a woman hater, from a liberal to a conservative. This project was a way to take RamTalk a step further.”

After six weeks of hard work, the book is available today.

“Alex has just done a tremendous job with this project,” said Collegian Editor in Chief Madeline Novey. “This, to me, kind of represents a culmination of her career here. It’s her lasting mark along with dozens of others.”

“RamTalk is our culture on campus,” Novey added. “It’s what people know us for, and it’s what gets people to open our paper.”

Senior Reporter Erin Udell can be reached at news@collegian.com. “”: http://bit.ly/ramtalkbook

Pick up your copy today

• Hard copies of the book will be for sale for $10, while supplies last, at the front desk of the Student Media Office. Order forms will also be available.
  • The book is also be available to order in hard copy for $10 or Kindle version for $7.99 on www.Amazon.com.
  • You can also pick a copy by heading “here”: http://bit.ly/ramtalkbook