Beat the elite

Authors: Collegian Staff Report
  • What: As part of the 2011 Rams Superstars Competition, CSU football head coach Steve Fairchild has challenged the CSU student population to a race against his three fastest players. If a student can successfully outrun receivers Tony Drake and Thomas Coffman, as well as defensive back Bernard Blake, they will be awarded with a week as an honorary member of the team this fall, attending practices and assorted team meetings and staying with the Rams at their team hotel before the Cinch Jeans Rocky Mountain Showdown against CU-Boulder. On game day, the winner will not only receive free admission but will also stand on the Rams’ sideline in an authentic jersey after walking out onto the field for the pre-game coin toss with the CSU captains. ESPN.com’s Andrea Adelson has promised to print the winner’s name in her upcoming blog should they outrun Blake, Coffman and Drake.
  • Where: Prelims will take place at the main football practice facility south of Moby Arena. The winner will compete that night at Moby Arena against Blake, Coffman and Drake as part of the Rams Superstars Competition. There is no fee to compete; only a valid CSU I.D. is necessary.
  • When: Preliminary races will be held Friday at 3 p.m. to determine the fastest participant. The Superstars Competition begins at 6 p.m.