Authors: Collegian Staff Report

Environmental director to talk climate change

Diana Liverman, the co-director of the institute of the Environment at the Univesity of Arizona, will speak at CSU tomorrow from 4 to 5:30 p.m., about the choices people and organizations make and how they are informed for an effective response to climate change.

The Environmental Governance Working Group and the School of Global Environmental Sustainability (SoGES) is hosting Liverman’s talk: “Informing and Inspiring Responses to the Climate Challenge: Engaging the Arts and Cultural Sector.”

“Diana Liverman is a world renowned expert on the human dimensions of global environmental change who advises national and international decision-makers on climate policy issues,” said Michele Betsill, associate professor of political science who is a principal investigator for the Environmental Governance Working Group, in a press release. “She is passionate in her view that the arts and humanities play a central role in raising awareness and searching for solutions to global climate change by inspiring people to think deeply about their relationship to the natural world.”

CSU professor honored with book award

The American Publishers Awards for Professional and Scholarly Excellence (PROSE) awarded “Encyclopedia of Animal Behavior,” with the 2010 Science Multivolume Reference award.

Janice Moore, a professor of biology at CSU, shared the executive editor responsibility for the volumes with CU-Boulder professor of biology Michael Breed.

Together, the two professors have nearly 60 years of experience. The two-volume set contains more than 300 articles analyzing animal behavior, and has more than 400 contributors.

CSU Prez, BOG chairman to host forum in Lory Student Center

Tomorrow in the Lory Student Center, President Tony Frank and CSU System Board of Governors Chairman Pat McConathy take questions and will share information on topics of general concern.

The forum will be hosted at 10 a.m. in the West Ballroom for administrative professionals and state-classified staff and at 11 a.m. in the ASCSU Senate Chambers for faculty and noon for students in the Senate Chambers.