Authors: Allison Knaus

Green, gold and even orange were hard to miss on the Lory Student Center plaza Monday during the celebration of the 10th annual I Love CSU Day.

“I love CSU because I bleed green and gold,” wrote an anonymous Ram fan on a sheet of butcher paper where students professed their love for CSU.

The event, running from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., featured CSU memorabilia for trivia buffs, a most-spirited contest, a photo op with the live Cam the Ram mascot and other activities for students to celebrate Colorado State.

The traditions, atmosphere and diverse people are why sophomore natural resource management major, Kelsey Jarvis, said she loves being a Ram.
As a member of the Student Alumni Connection, Jarvis quizzed students on CSU trivia with questions such as: Name two homecoming traditions or name the original CSU mascot. Winners were able to select from a bag full of prizes.

“It’s such a fun place to go to school because you can tell people are so proud to go here. I’m definitely proud to be a Ram,” Jarvis said.

Periodically, Ram Quest challenges give students the opportunity to win CSU swag while learning about campus and history. The challenge guided students to five locations around campus through a scavenger hunt. At each destination, students received a punch in their CSU passport. The first 100 students to complete the hunt won a free T-shirt.

I Love CSU Day was also popular among international exchange students. Freshman marketing major Samantha Boyd from Sydney, Australia used the celebration to express her appreciation for her experience at CSU thus far.

“I’ve enjoyed my experience and feel at home because everyone I’ve met have been super friendly, and the campus is beautiful,” Boyd said.
At the event it wasn’t just students celebrating their love for CSU. Alumni and faculty were present to pose with Cam the Ram, take a spin at the trivia wheel and profess their undying love for the green and gold.

CSU public relations coordinator Kimberly Sorensen was at the event encouraging students to participate in the Ram Quest challenge, put on by the Division of External Relations.

A graduate from CSU’s Department of Journalism and Technical Communication, Sorensen said the best thing about CSU is the close-knit bond formed between Rams no matter where you live.

“I love the sense of camaraderie that CSU has. If you find a Ram you form an instant connection and family,” she said.

Staff writer Allison Knaus can be reached at news@collegian.com.