Community Briefs for 04/12

Authors: Collegian Staff Report

Learn how to teach abroad

Students who are interested in teaching abroad can attend a panel this afternoon to learn what the process is and how to get started.

The panel is put on by the Graduate Student Association for Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language. Students interested can attend the panel at 4 p.m. in Room 202 of the Clark A Building.

Showing of Temple Grandin movie

The award-winning movie “Temple Grandin” is being shown Thursday at 7:15 p.m. in the Behavioral Sciences Building Auditorium.

The movie was released in 2010 and depicts the early life of Grandin, an autistic animal scientist who teaches and conducts research at CSU.

The HBO movie won the Peabody Award and actress Claire Danes, who portrays Grandin in the film, was awarded a Golden Globe for her work.

The event is free and open to the public.

Behind the Swoosh coming to campus

Renowned speaker Jim Keady is coming to campus Tuesday evening to present “Behind the Swoosh: Sweatshops and Social Justice.”

Keady has activated for social justice and sought out members of Congress to participate in discussions about the issues of sweatshops, globalization and social justice.

The event is being put on by the Association for Student Activity Programming at 7:30 p.m. tonight in the Lory Student Center East Ballroom. The event is free and open to the public.