Authors: Collegian Editorial Board

If you didn’t get involved this weekend, you missed out. Fort Collins music experiment, a large-scale music festival, was a success.

Though the final numbers are yet to come in, it is believed to have the highest turnout of any FoCoMX. This was the third annual experiment.

Old Town remained consistently busy and buzzing all weekend as music fans bounced around from venue to venue.

One of the best parts of the experience was the creative set-up –– the venues that opened their doors to the music, including restaurants like Choice City Butcher and Deli, the breweries, the bars and even the old Goodwill building.

FoCoMX did exactly what we hoped it would. It filled Old Town businesses to the brim all weekend, it reiterated the fact that Fort Collins has developed into a prominent music hub and brought in music industry professionals from across the country to hear the talent.

This year’s FoCoMX exceeded our expectations –– we think because of the help of dedicated event coordinators and the prominent sponsors and the hard work of the Fort Collins Musicians Association, the venues and the artists.

The time and effort to put on such an event was extensive, and we are glad to be part of a community willing to show off its city and its artists on a large scale.