Authors: Bonnie Cleveland

Fans of “Catch Me if You Can,” Sunflower Market, the Florida Gators and Rams football can all rejoice on April 13, as each of these will be providing speakers for the 32nd annual Business Day.                       
Speakers are scheduled all day in the LSC, including high profile keynote lectures from conman Frank Abagnale, Jr. and former Florida Gators’ coach Urban Meyer.

Abagnale, Jr., whose experiences inspired the movie “Catch Me if You Can,” will be discussing how he transformed his life from being a conman to a leading authority on combating forgery.  

Meyer, whose .842 winning percentage made him the most successful active Division-I football coach prior to stepping down as head coach of the Florida Gators, will be speaking with former Rams football coach Sonny Lubick on the success and inspirations of mentoring.  

All CSU students are invited and encouraged to attend Business Day.

“Business Day brings the CSU community influential leaders outside real word perspective,” said Rebecca Ellis, the College of Business communications and operations coordinator.

The event is sponsored by the College of Business’ Dean’s Student Leadership Council and the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative and targets speakers who incorporate ethical practice with industry experience.

Mary Beth Lewis, the CSU director of the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative, said that Business Day is relevant to “current interests in the business world relative to students.”

DSLC Business Day Chair Joseph Garcia says that more than anything students should “walk away with a unique, memorable and enjoyable experience.”

Staff writer Bonnie Cleveland can be reached at news@collegian.com.