Mr. CSU pageant cancelled

Authors: Erin Udell

Due to a lack of participation, members of Alpha Kappa Psi, a professional fraternity on campus, were forced to cancel their all-male spring pageant, Mr. CSU.

“We were all really excited about it, but unfortunately, for some reason, we didn’t get enough participation this year,” said Alpha Kappa Psi President Sean Dillon.

This year would have marked the second-annual Mr. CSU pageant, where members of Alpha Kappa Psi and other student organizations participate in contests such as theme wear, formal wear, a talent competition and interviews.

The contestants were originally going to compete for prizes, including an autographed pair of shoes signed by basketball star J.R. Smith.

Other events put on by the co-ed fraternity include a networking dinner this spring semester and a charity kickball event next fall aimed at raising money for the Boys and Girls Club of Larimer County.

As for the Mr. CSU competition, Dillon said the fraternity will try to keep the pageant tradition alive by holding it again next year.

“We were disappointed about the turnout this year,” Dillon said. “We’re not going have Mr. CSU end, though.”

“We’re going to definitely push and make this successful like it has been in the past,” Dillon added.

Senior Reporter Erin Udell can be reached at news@collegian.com.