Community Briefs for 03/28

Authors: Collegian Staff Report

CSU presents: “Is science on the right track?”

Nancy Kellogg, science educator and leading advocate for inquiry-based science education in Colorado, is giving the keynote lecture for the Education and Outreach Center’s Spring Science Education Presentation.
The College of Natural Sciences is putting on the presentation and brought Kellogg in to speak about finding new ways to promote science creativity and innovation, according to a press release.

Kellogg will speak in the Room B302 of the Natural and Environmental Science Building from 4 to 5:30 p.m. today.

Apparel Design and Merchandising put on spring show

The apparel design, merchandising and production senior graduates are presenting their annual capstone fashion show, Fash(n)Fresh tonight and Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Main Ballroom in the LSC.

Fash(n)Fresh is designed to showcase the original designs created by the 15 seniors from the Department of Design and Merchandising.
Tickets are being sold at the LSC Box Office. Prices are $8 for all students and $15 for general admission.

Screening of film “Walkout”

The film “Walkout” is being showed in the LSC theatre tonight at 6:30 p.m. to honor Mexican-American activist Cesar Chavez.
The film is set during the height of the civil rights movement in 1968 when students Paula Crisostomo organizes a walkout to protests academic prejudices.

Having a quarterlife crisis?

The Office of Student Leadership, Involvement and Community Engagement is putting on a session exploring the concept and challenges of the “quarterlife crisis.”
The event is being put on in Rooms 213-215 in the LSC at 5 p.m.

• — Collegian Staff Report*