SPJ to host media panel
Editors Note: Several members of the Collegian Editorial Board are members or officers of SPJ@CSU.
In light of last weekâ€™s heated 2010 Midterm Elections, the Society of Professional Journalists at CSU will host a post-election breakdown featuring reporters and editors from all over northern Colorado tonight.
Beginning at 6 p.m. in Clark A204, a panel mediated by Kris Kodrich, a CSU Journalism and Technical Communication professor, will convene to talk about the mediaâ€™s shortfalls and successes during campaign season.
- Bob Moore, executive editor of the Fort Collins Coloradoan,
- Christine Kapperman, managing editor of the Loveland Reporter-Herald,
- Ernest Luning, political reporter for the Colorado Statesman,
- Mike Hooker, reporter for CBS4-TV, and
- Adam Chodak, reporter and anchor for 9News.
The event is free and open to the public.
Calling all gift-needers
People who worry about putting gifts under their Christmas tree are encouraged to apply for the Santa Cop program, where Larimer County officers deliver gifts to community children.
Santa Cops of Larimer County donated gifts to more than 4,000 kids throughout the county each year. Individuals interested receiving gifts from the program are asked to visit FCPS at 2221 south Timberline Road or the Loveland Police Station at 810 east 10th St. in Loveland.
Application times are:
- Saturdays: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 6, Nov. 13, and Nov. 20, and
- Tuesdays: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 2, Nov. 9 and Nov. 16.
Applicants will need to provide photo identification, a birth certificate, proof of address and gift ideas that cost less than $20 for each child.