Authors: Madeline Novey

Correction: The times for the headlining musical acts were not correct. They are now correct.

Can you ride your bike with no handlebars? Have you fallen into a burning ring of fire, while the flames went higher? Or perhaps, danced the boogie wonderland dance, the boogie wonderland dance?

If you’re at all a fan of the Flobots, Grammy award-winning bluegrass artist Earl Scruggs or Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee Earth, Wind & Fire, you will probably recognize the former as lyrics from the trio of bands.

Beyond recognition, music lovers can see these three bands and more than 60 up-and-coming local groups for free at the 6th annual Bohemian Nights music festival and 22nd annual NewWestFest celebration

Here’s the scoop.

Bohemian Nights

Headliner bands

• Flobots: Friday, 8:30 p.m.
  • Earth Wind and Fire: Saturday, 8:30 p.m.
  • Earl Scruggs: Sunday, 5:45 p.m.

Agency-signed Colorado artists

• Kailin Yong Peace Project,
  • The Heyday,
  • The Photo Atlas,
  • Nathanial Rateliff,
  • The Northern Way, and
  • Great American Taxi.

Stages: This year, attendants will see changes to stage locations and an expansion of the Friday night line-up. As per community request, one of the stages will be moved from Walnut Street to Linden Street.

• Linden Street Stage
  • Old Town Square Stage
  • Mountain Avenue Stage
  • Library Park Stage, off of Peterson Street
  • Kid’s World Stage, at the corner of Olive and Peterson streets
  • KMA Stage, off of Olive Street

NewWestFest: A birthday celebration for Fort Collins, NewWestFest will feature more than 300 festival booths, two beer gardens and food. All ages are welcome.

Design Editor Alexandra Sieh contributed to this report.

Editor in Chief Madeline Novey can be reached at news@collegian.com.

Cost: Bohemian Nights and New West Fest are free all

Hours: Festival hours are Saturday, 10 a.m. until 7 p.m., with music concerts running until 10 p.m. Hours on Sunday are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.

More information: For more information about Bohemian Nights at New West Fest, visit: www.bohemiannights.org.