Authors: Matt L. Stephens

The coaching staff for CSU football in 2010 is finally complete as Rams head coach Steve Fairchild named Todd Stroud the team’s tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator on Thursday.

Stroud has 25 years of experience coaching college football, most recently at Florida State where he spent the past three years on legendary coach Bobby Bowden’s staff as the Seminole’s strength and conditioning coach.

“I’m excited for our team that we’re able to add a coach with so much experience in Todd,” Fairchild said in a press release by the university. “He’s coached in the ACC and SEC. He’s been a head football coach and he played at Florida State under Bobby Bowden. He’s brings a tremendous amount of expertise and potential to help our program get to where we know it can be.”

A graduate at FSU, Stroud has served as the head coach at Western Alabama and the associate head coach at North Carolina State, where he helped build the talent of the former No. 1 NFL Draft pick Mario Williams, as well as San Diego Chargers quarterback Phillip Rivers.

Stroud replaces Marc Lubick, who accepted a position under Gary Kubiak’s Houston Texans earlier this month. Due to the Rams’ pro-style offense, Stroud will also be coaching the team’s fullbacks.